Views: 7 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-03 Origin: Site
The base material of silicone thermal pad is generally silica gel. This kind of silica gel can be synthesized by adding various auxiliary materials such as metal oxide as a thermally conductive medium material through a special process. Then there are specific factors that affect the thermal conductivity of these silicone thermal pads. What is there, I will answer it for you today
1. The type and characteristics of the polymer matrix material: Generally speaking, the higher the thermal conductivity of the matrix material, the better the basic dispersion of the fillers, and the better the degree of bonding between them, resulting in the silicone thermal pad. Better thermal conductivity
2. Types of fillers: The higher the thermal conductivity of the filler, the higher the thermal conductivity of the silicone sheet will be, which will directly affect the thermal conductivity of the silicone sheet.
3. Filler content: The distribution of the filler polymer can generally determine the thermal conductivity of the silicon thermal pad. When the filler content is small, the general thermal conductivity effect is not obvious; when the direction of the thermal network chain is consistent with the direction of heat flow , then the thermal conductivity will become the best. Therefore, the amount of thermally conductive fillers has a critical value.
4. Filler shape: The paths that are easy to form the heat conduction sequence are whiskers, fibers, sheets and particles. The easier the filler is, the more easily the heat conduction path will be formed, and the better the thermal conductivity will be.
5. The bonding characteristics of the interface between the filler and the substrate material: If the degree of bonding between the filler and the substrate is higher, the thermal conductivity will be better. If a suitable coupling agent is used for surface treatment of the filler, the thermal conductivity can generally be increased by 10%. %~20%